Do you really need that feature? Yes? Oh, because your competitor has it?
Ok, I get it. I have some questions for you to answer.
- How many users of your competitor’s product are using that feature?
- How often?
- Do they like it?
- How many bought the product because of that feature?
- How many would not miss that feature?
- How much money is your competitor making on that feature?
- How many users of your compititor would switch to your product because of that feature?
- What would happen if you did build that feature?
Think twice before you jump and demand yet another feature. Copying features can be a waste of money and hardly ever makes your product stand out in the market.
Just because your competitor has it, does not mean it’s a good idea have it too. You’ll enter price competition and your competitor has a head start. You may never earn back your investment.